MAY 6 YOUTH EVENT WORSHIP
Most of you blog-readers and St. Peter's-members were not able to participate in Saturday's MMS-UCC Western Association Youth Event, "It's Better To Light A Candle,". We had a beautiful worship experience, and below I've copied the "bulletin" for you; maybe you will be inspired, or curious, or confused (please ask!), or something else. But something, I hope. -h
It’s Better to Light a Candle,
GATHERING MUSIC: “Aspera” Erin McKeown
“The Middle” Jimmy Eat World
CALL TO WORSHIP
*OPENING SONG: “We Lift Up Our Hearts”
1, 4: We lift up our hearts, we lift up our hearts,
We lift up our hearts to the Living One! (2x)
2: We center our lives, we center our lives,
We center our lives in the ground of Christ! (2x)
3: We open our minds, we open our minds,
We open our minds to the Spirit’s wind! (2x)
*OPENING WORDS & PRAYER:
Leader: We see ourselves, O God, people of faith and faithlessness -
People: Dancing in the sun one day, and overwhelmed by our realities the next,
Leader: Joyfully announcing the gospel sometimes,
People: And then trembling in our uncertainty.
All: We see the hope that lies among us – And hope that we would care to live
with compassion for each other and for the world. Amen.
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS
READING OF THE WORD: Psalms 37:1 and Romans 12:1-2
MINISTRY OF MUSIC: “Shine” Ed Roland
MESSAGE: “Looking For Goodness” Ed Chasteen
Response: “Every Move I Make”
Na, na, na-na-na-na-na!!!!!!!!11111111111
Every move I make I make in you – you make me move, Jesus!
Every breath I take I take in you
Every step I take I take in you – you are my way, Jesus!
Every breath I take I breathe in you
Waves of mercy, waves of grace - Everywhere I look, I see your face
Your love has captured me - O, my God, this love, how can it be?!
SHARING OUR REQUESTS FOR PRAYER
HYMN OF PREPARATION: “Sanctuary”
Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary / Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living / Sanctuary for you.
SERVICE OF PRAYER: Prayer, time of silence, and Lord’s prayer.
Response: “Amazing Grace”
1, 5: Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved and set me free
I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see
Alleluia, alleluia…
2: ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed
3: Through many dangers, toils, and snares we have already come
‘Twas grace that brought us safe thus far, and grace will lead us home
4: When we’ve been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than when we first begun
INVITATION TO OFFERING
*CLOSING SONG: “The Bond of Love”
1, 3: We are one in the bond of love, we are one in the bond of love,
We have joined our spirit with the Spirit of God,
We are one in the bond of love!
2: Let us sing now, everyone – let us feel God’s love begun,
Let us join our hands that the world will know,
We are one in the bond of love!
*BENEDICTION: Andy Bryan
*POSTLUDE: “Beautiful Day” U2
Participants:
YOU!, Ed Chasteen of Hatebusters, Howie Howard of St. Peter’s KC, Andy Bryan of 1st United Methodist N. KC, Carol Shanks of MO Mid-South Conf. UCC, Matt Pluff of Five Star Crush, Jody Wright of St. Peter’s KC
It’s Better to Light A Candle, – UCC Youth Event 2K6 sponsored by the Western Ass’n – May 6, St. Peter’s, KC
* = STAND UP!!!111
It’s Better to Light a Candle,
Gathering
GATHERING MUSIC: “Aspera” Erin McKeown
“The Middle” Jimmy Eat World
CALL TO WORSHIP
*OPENING SONG: “We Lift Up Our Hearts”
1, 4: We lift up our hearts, we lift up our hearts,
We lift up our hearts to the Living One! (2x)
2: We center our lives, we center our lives,
We center our lives in the ground of Christ! (2x)
3: We open our minds, we open our minds,
We open our minds to the Spirit’s wind! (2x)
*OPENING WORDS & PRAYER:
Leader: We see ourselves, O God, people of faith and faithlessness -
People: Dancing in the sun one day, and overwhelmed by our realities the next,
Leader: Joyfully announcing the gospel sometimes,
People: And then trembling in our uncertainty.
All: We see the hope that lies among us – And hope that we would care to live
with compassion for each other and for the world. Amen.
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Sharing the Word
READING OF THE WORD: Psalms 37:1 and Romans 12:1-2
MINISTRY OF MUSIC: “Shine” Ed Roland
MESSAGE: “Looking For Goodness” Ed Chasteen
Response: “Every Move I Make”
Na, na, na-na-na-na-na!!!!!!!!11111111111
Every move I make I make in you – you make me move, Jesus!
Every breath I take I take in you
Every step I take I take in you – you are my way, Jesus!
Every breath I take I breathe in you
Waves of mercy, waves of grace - Everywhere I look, I see your face
Your love has captured me - O, my God, this love, how can it be?!
Responding to the Word
SHARING OUR REQUESTS FOR PRAYER
HYMN OF PREPARATION: “Sanctuary”
Lord, prepare me to be a sanctuary / Pure and holy, tried and true
With thanksgiving, I’ll be a living / Sanctuary for you.
SERVICE OF PRAYER: Prayer, time of silence, and Lord’s prayer.
Response: “Amazing Grace”
1, 5: Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved and set me free
I once was lost, but now am found, was blind but now I see
Alleluia, alleluia…
2: ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear the hour I first believed
3: Through many dangers, toils, and snares we have already come
‘Twas grace that brought us safe thus far, and grace will lead us home
4: When we’ve been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than when we first begun
INVITATION TO OFFERING
Sending Forth
*CLOSING SONG: “The Bond of Love”
1, 3: We are one in the bond of love, we are one in the bond of love,
We have joined our spirit with the Spirit of God,
We are one in the bond of love!
2: Let us sing now, everyone – let us feel God’s love begun,
Let us join our hands that the world will know,
We are one in the bond of love!
*BENEDICTION: Andy Bryan
*POSTLUDE: “Beautiful Day” U2
Participants:
YOU!, Ed Chasteen of Hatebusters, Howie Howard of St. Peter’s KC, Andy Bryan of 1st United Methodist N. KC, Carol Shanks of MO Mid-South Conf. UCC, Matt Pluff of Five Star Crush, Jody Wright of St. Peter’s KC
It’s Better to Light A Candle, – UCC Youth Event 2K6 sponsored by the Western Ass’n – May 6, St. Peter’s, KC
* = STAND UP!!!111
1 Comments:
sweet. i thought that i was the only person to remember "sanctuary." made me happy to see it used in a big thing. thank you for posting this. i know that i'm not as crazy as i thought.
Post a Comment
<< Home